Who We Are
Foothills Centre is a non-medical, adult Detox Program located in southern Alberta. We are dedicated to providing an environment in which clients can safely withdraw from substance abuse.
Our vision is to be recognized for empowering and motivating those we serve to achieve the best outcomes and maximize recovery.
Empowering individuals and families affected by addiction with the courage to initiate positive change.
- We value people, we believe in their ability to be successful and treat them with respect.
- We value individuals, families and communities as partners in addressing addiction issues.
- We value staff, and their knowledge, skills, initiatives and capabilities.
Foothills Centre is an accreditated facility operated by the Foothills Alcohol Action Society, a non-profit charitable society incorporated under the Society Act of Alberta; and is funded by Alberta Health Services Addiction & Mental Health. All donations made to the Centre are tax deductable.
Thank you for visiting the Foothills Centre website. I hope you were able to find answers to your questions or gain some insight to what we do and who we are.
Since 1979 we have provided compassionate respectful care to individuals suffering from the disease of addiction. The interaction between staff and the client is the cornerstone of our beliefs. Our program is individualized to accommodate the specific needs, goals and cultural perspectives of people in different stages of change. We believe that all people deserve dignity and have the right to choose their path and we are honored to help those with their journey towards recovery. By encouraging healthier lifestyles and the undertaking of personal responsibility in one’s health; Foothills Centre supports informed choice as a key element to our services.
We understand that Detox is not a pleasant experience and so we take every effort to provide a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Some of our staff have been where you are now and are often willing to share their experiences with you. We are privileged to do the work we do and are committed to making you feel safe and supported as you move through the withdrawal process. We believe that you have the strength to make a better life for yourself. Welcome to the first step towards recovery.
– Val Campbell, Executive Director
Any male or female who is requiring detoxification from alcohol and/or drugs and is over 18 years of age.
The person who wants to enter the detox program must call our Centre and complete a phone interview. Once that interview is complete and upon bed availability, arrangements will be made for admissions.
The general stay is 5 days; however, each person will be assessed on an individual basis should a longer stay be required.
Comfortable clothing to last you 3-5 days (client laundry is done 2-3 times per week) A telephone calling card as there is a client pay phone for personal use.
- Scented products such as perfumes, colognes & body spray
- Weapons of any kind — including pocket knives, blades etc.
- Clothing promoting any type of alcohol, drug or gambling
- Electronics, ie: cell phones, TV’s, camera’s, computers, pagers, video games, dvd’s, radio’s, cd players, Ipods/pads, MP3 players etc.
- work related to your profession such as reports, projects & papers.
- Limited amount of money, jewellery etc. all valuable items will/can be placed in lock up.
Attend daily group sessions, attend daily scheduled AA and CA Meetings, and interact with other clients and staff. Abide by resident requirements.